What Is Aluminum 2024?
Aluminum 2024 is Al-Cu-Mg series aluminum alloy, 2024 aluminum alloy, with a density of 2.73 g/cm, can be strengthened by heat treatment, and has moderate plasticity in the quenched and just quenched state. The main characteristics and application range: this is a high Strong duralumin, can be strengthened by heat treatment, moderate plasticity in quenched and just quenched state, good spot welding, and the tendency to form intergranular cracks when gas welding is used. The alloy has good machinability after quenching and cold work hardening. Annealing Low post machinability: the corrosion resistance is not high, and anodizing treatment and painting methods are often used, or the surface is coated with aluminum layer to improve its corrosion resistance. 2024 aluminum is mainly used to make various high-load parts and components (but not stamping forgings) such as aircraft skeleton parts, skins, bulkheads, ribs, spars, rivets and other working parts below 150°C.
The Chemical Composition Of Aluminum 2024
- Copper Cu: 3.8%-4.9%
- Manganese Mn: 0.30%-1.0%
- Magnesium Mg: 1.2%-1.8%
- Chromium Cr: 0.10%
- Silicon Si: 0.50%
- Zinc Zn: 0.25%
- Aluminum Al: margin
(The content of each ingredient is expressed in mass fraction)
The Mechanical Properties Of Aluminum 2024
- Mechanical properties: tensile strength σb (MPa) ≥390
- Conditional yield strength σ0.2 (MPa) ≥245
- Sample size: all wall thickness
Note: Longitudinal mechanical properties of pipes at room temperature, this is orc
The Heat Treatment Of
The formability is better in the state, annealing and new quenching state, and the heat treatment strengthening effect is significant, but the heat treatment process is strict. The corrosion resistance is poor, but it can be effectively protected by covering with pure aluminum; it is easy to produce cracks during welding, but it can be welded or riveted by special technology.
- – The element properties of the combination are expressed in the highest percentage, unless the listed is a range or the lowest value.
- – In order to determine the appropriate numerical limit, the observed or calculated values obtained from the analysis are based on the standard rules (ANSI Z25.1) to express a clear range.
- – Except for non-alloys, the specified amounts of elements in alloys are usually indicated in the analysis report. However, if it is suspected that there are other elements or some elements are suspected of being excessive during the analysis process, further analysis should be carried out until it is confirmed.
- – The content of aluminum in unalloyed aluminum that has not undergone a refining process is the difference between the total amount of other metals and the 100% pure aluminum-the difference is 0.01% or a little more. (The percentage is the second after the decimal point)
- – It can contain up to 0.20% zirconium and titanium.