What Is Aluminum 5052
5052 aluminum alloy belongs to the Al-Mg series alloy and has a wide range of applications, especially in the construction industry, which is inseparable from this alloy. It is one of the most promising alloys. Good corrosion resistance, excellent weldability, good cold workability, and medium strength. The main alloying element of 5052 aluminum alloy is magnesium, which has good forming performance, corrosion resistance, weldability, and medium strength. It is used to manufacture aircraft fuel tanks, oil pipes, and sheet metal parts of transportation vehicles and ships, meters, street lamp brackets, and Rivets, hardware products, electrical appliances, etc.
5052 aluminum plate is AL-Mg series alloy aluminum plate. Magnesium is the main alloying element in 5052 alloy aluminum plate. It is the most widely used anti-rust aluminum. This alloy has high strength, especially fatigue strength: plasticity and corrosion resistance. High performance, cannot be strengthened by heat treatment, good plasticity during semi-cold work hardening, low plasticity during cold work hardening, good corrosion resistance, good weldability, poor machinability, and can be polished.
Aluminum-magnesium alloy also contains a small amount of manganese, chromium, beryllium, titanium and so on. Except for a small amount of solid solution, most of the manganese in the alloy forms MnAl6. The role of chromium in 5052 aluminum plate is similar to that of manganese, which improves the resistance to stress corrosion cracking, increases the strength of the base metal and the weld seam, and reduces the tendency of welding cracks, but its content generally does not exceed 0.35%.
The Chemical Composition Of Aluminum 5052
- Aluminum Al: margin
- Silicon Si: ≤0.25
- Copper Cu: ≤0.10
- Magnesium Mg: 2.2~2.8
- Zinc Zn: ≤0.10
- Manganese Mn: ≤0.10
- Chromium Cr: 0.15～0.35
- Iron Fe: ≤0.40
Note: Single: ≤0.05; Total: ≤0.15
The Mechanical Properties Of Aluminum 5052
- Tensile strength σb (MPa)173～244
- Conditional yield strength σ0.2 (MPa)≥70
- Density 2.68 g/cm3
- Sample size: all wall thickness
Note: Longitudinal mechanical properties of pipes at room temperature
The Process Performance Of Aluminum 5052
- – The alloy has good hot process plasticity. The forging and die forging temperature is 420~475°C, and the thermal deformation with a deformation rate of >80% is performed in this temperature range.
- – The cold stamping performance is related to the alloy state. The cold stamping performance in the annealed (O) state is good, followed by the H32 and H34 states, and the H36/H38 state is not good.
- – The alloy has good performance in gas welding, arc welding, resistance welding, spot welding, and seam welding. Crystal cracks tend to appear during two argon arc welding. The brazing performance is still good, but the soft brazing performance is poor.
- – The strength and plasticity of the weld are high, and the strength of the weld is 90%-95% of the strength of the base metal. However, the airtightness of the weld is not high. It is recommended to use 5A03 alloy as the solder, which can improve its airtightness and eliminate the tendency of cracks.
The cutting performance of the alloy in the annealed state is not good, but it is improved in the cold-work-hardened state.
The Surface Requirements Of Aluminum 5052
- No cracks, corrosion spots and traces of nitrate on the surface.
- The surface is allowed to have peeling, bubbles, surface roughness and local mechanical damage whose depth does not exceed 8% of the nominal wall thickness of the part where the defect is located, but the maximum depth of the defect cannot exceed 0.5mm, and the total area of the defect does not exceed the total area of the plate. 5%.
- The supplier is allowed to polish the profile longitudinally to a smooth surface.
- Other requirements: drafted by the demander and the supplier
- The surface of the aluminum plate is bright and has no scratches, and there are few particles on the pressed plate.