Aluminium extrusion die scrap standard is based on the company’s articles of association, and under the service management mode, this standard is formulated to standardize the mold management of aluminum plants, improve the efficiency of mold use, and ensure production.
There are many reasons why aluminum molds are scrapped: First, the working conditions of aluminum extrusion molds are very harsh, and they are subjected to severe friction and wear under high temperature and high pressure. According to the on-site production statistics, there are three main failure modes of molds:
- (1) Friction , Wear failure accounted for 65%,
- (2) fatigue crack failure accounted for 18%,
- (3) plastic deformation collapse failure accounted for 15%. The judgment of a failed mold is based on the fact that the extruded product cannot meet the product standard requirements and cannot be repaired. The service life of the mold is generally described by the effective amount of feed.
1. Scrap process. When the mold is found to be damaged or worn after use, and cannot be repaired, the mold preservation department of the manufacturing department will fill in the mold scrap application form, which will be implemented after the company’s deputy general manager has reviewed it and approved by the company’s general manager. And apply for the production of new supplements by the technical department
2. Scrap Standards The standards for scrapping molds refer to relevant national regulations and the company’s asset management procedures, which are as follows:
1) Scrap technology and quality standards
- The product has stopped receiving orders and the products produced by the mold are nowhere to be used.
- When the mold has reached the end of its life and is severely damaged, it cannot be repaired and used.
- Due to design changes, the original product is changed, and the mold cannot be changed or used for other purposes.
- The mold is cracked, and the required surface roughness of the product does not meet the product process requirements;
- The mold rejection rate is high, and it is invalid after more than 3 times of “Countermeasures” resolution;
- The mold is welded in many places, and it is often damaged, and the production of one shift cannot be completed normally;
- Large mold inserts are cracked, and it is not economical to remake inserts;
- Due to design and manufacturing reasons, molds often stick to the mold, the size is out of tolerance, and the efficiency is low
- When other factors cause the mold to be useless
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Alloy Wiki，thanks！^^