Guangxi Bama Tianrun Titanium Industry Co., Ltd. is located in Bama County, Guangxi. It is a well-known ilmenite deposit in western Guangxi and even in China. The ilmenite deposit in this area has been submitted to the Min’an-Pinglin area as a medium-sized ilmenite deposit after pre-investigation by predecessors. In one place, many ilmenite ore sites have been found in the surrounding area. Small-scale civilian mining has always existed. Based on the geological materials obtained now and the analysis of the development status, it is found that ilmenite in this area has a large prospecting. Potential and development prospects.
The mining area is located in the southern-eastern core and north-eastern wing of the Bama anticline in the eastern section of the Xilin Baise fault fold belt in the Youjiang regeneration trough of the Nanhua Paraplatform. This area belongs to the subtropical monsoon climate zone. The dry season mostly gathers from May to September. The rainfall is abundant and the temperature difference between day and night is large. The topography is mainly composed of diabase, siliceous rock, mudstone, and limestone. , The topography is medium cut, and vegetation cover is sparse to medium. High-voltage electricity is available in this area. The daily electricity used for production is supplied by the Dahuayantan hydropower station about 40km away from Bama County. The electricity is satisfactory, and telephones and mobile phones are basically all over the villages. The local residents live in poverty and the surplus labor force is satisfied.
The production scale of this plan is to mine and select the production capacity of 100t/d ilmenite concentrate (TiO2 grade>48%).
1. The nature of the ore
The ore dressing plant of this new mining and dressing project mainly processes the ilmenite ore in the Min’an-Pinglin area.
(1) Primary chemical composition and ore density of raw ore
The ore sample is the remnant of weathered and relocated placer deposits, and the most valuable component is titanium. The analysis results of the primary chemical components of the mineral samples are shown in Table 1.
(2) Mineral composition of ore
Titanium-bearing mineral deposits mainly include ilmenite (accounting for 15.78%), rutile, white titanium, brookite, sphene, etc. (accounting for 1.45%). Other metal deposits include goethite, water goethite, and water hematite , Manganese ore, pyrite, etc. (accounting for 15.87%). Gangue deposits include illite, kaolinite, chlorite, halloysite, montmorillonite, quartz, feldspar, mica, pyroxene, amphibole, wollastonite, carbonate and other mineral deposits (accounting for 66.90%) .
(3) Occurrence status of titanium and balance distribution accounting results
Titanium in the ore samples mainly exists in the form of ilmenite, followed by rutile, white titanium, and brookite. A few exist in the form of sphene. In addition, some titanium is scattered in iron ore deposits and gangues. In the mineral deposits. The calculation results of the balanced distribution of titanium in the ore sample are shown in Table 2.
It can be seen from Table 2 that the titanium in the ore mainly exists in the form of ilmenite, followed by rutile, white titanium, brookite, and sphene. 4.91% of the titanium is scattered in the iron-manganese deposits and Gangue deposits.
After calculation, the theoretical grade of titanium concentrate is TiO2 56.36%, and the theoretical recovery rate of TiO2 is 94.83%.
(4) Granularity characteristics of titanium deposits
The measurement results of the particle size characteristics of the titanium deposit are shown in Table 3.
It can be seen from Table 3 that the grain size of the titanium deposit is mainly -589+20mm, and the grain size is relatively coarse, which is conducive to recovery.
(5) Analysis results of ore sample sieve water analysis and titanium ore monomer dissociation degree
In order to understand the distribution of titanium in each particle size and the monomer dissociation status of the titanium deposit in the mineral sample, the ore sample was subjected to sieve analysis and the monomer dissociation degree of the titanium deposit was measured. The particle size composition and TiO2 dispersion rate of the raw ore are shown in Table 4, and the analysis results of the monomer dissociation degree of the raw ore are shown in Table 5.
It can be seen from the results in Table 4 that the titanium in the ore sample is mainly dispersed below 0.8mm, and the raw ore is sieved with a shaking sieve after being soaked in water, and the upper part of the sieve can be discarded.
From the results in Table 5, it can be seen that the monomer dissociation degree of titanium deposits reaches 88.80%, the concatenation of titanium deposits and iron deposits accounted for 6.85%, and the concatenation of titanium deposits and gangue deposits accounted for 4.35%. Because the monomer dissociation of titanium ore deposits is better, the ore samples do not require grinding and can be directly sorted.
2. Beneficiation experiment
We conducted exploratory experiments and optimization experiments on this mine in July 2007, and the optimal beneficiation process guidelines are shown in Figure 1, and the experimental results are shown in Table 6.
3. Mining process planning and equipment selection and equipment characteristics
(1) Beneficiation process planning
Because the planned raw ore grade is too different from the raw ore grade discussed in the beneficiation experiment, it is not possible to directly select the beneficiation process obtained from the experiment. The experimental process structure needs to be adjusted and optimized to make it fit the Guangxi Bama titanium iron to the greatest extent The sorting characteristics of the ore.
1. Basis for planning of beneficiation process
(1) After analyzing the properties of the ore, it can be seen that the raw ore can be directly separated without crushing and grinding, so there is no crushing and grinding section in the process plan.
(2) Because the particle size of useful ilmenite in the ore is relatively concentrated, mainly at -0.6+0.02mm, and there is a lot of sludge, it is necessary to carry out screening and classification and desliming operations before the separation of the raw ore. The operation can throw away the tailings with a yield of about 17.33%, and the desliming operation can throw away about 40.81% of the tailings, which not only reduces the number and load of subsequent equipment, but also saves a lot of capital and equipment investment.
(3) Due to all constraints of the construction site, the entrusting unit requires the construction of a roughing plant and a selection plant. The part before the shaker sorting operation will be built as a roughing plant, and the shaker sorting operation will be built as a selection plant Therefore, the process flow is divided into two parts: the rough selection process flow and the selection process flow.
(4) The entrusting unit requires that the grade of titanium concentrate (TiO2) be 48%. In order to ensure that the grade of the concentrate meets the requirements, a spiral chute sweep and a re-selection of the ore in the shaker were added during planning.
2. Determination of the beneficiation process
According to the beneficiation experiment and the requirements of the entrusted unit for the production target, etc., the beneficiation process concluded that the roughing process is the raw ore-classification-desliming-coarse selection and sweeping process, and the beneficiation process is coarse concentrate-mixing-shaking Bed selection-middle ore re-selection process (see Figure 2 and Figure 3).
(2) Selection of primary equipment
Screening and grading equipment: According to the mining method of the raw ore and the nature of the ore, this plan is to calculate the specifications and processing capacity of the cylindrical sieve required for the screening of the raw ore in accordance with the cylindrical sieve of the gold mining vessel (mineral washing drum). Because the particle size of the titanium deposit in the raw ore is relatively fine, the higher grade titanium is mainly concentrated in -2 + 0.038mm. Therefore, the relationship between the particle size composition of the raw ore and the TiO2 dispersion rate is repeatedly studied and the size of the cylindrical sieve hole in the production is coordinated. According to the influence of power and processing capacity, it is determined that the double-layer cylindrical screen is selected, the inner sieve hole is 6mm, and the outer sieve hole is 1.5mm. For other elements, it is more appropriate to choose 2 sets of 1.8m×5.4m multifunctional cylindrical screens. For this mine, the maximum processing capacity of the machine can reach 546m3/h, and it can be equipped with an 11kW electric motor.
Spiral chute selection: The spiral chute is made of glass fiber reinforced plastic, and the inner surface is coated with polyester emery wear-resistant layer. Widely used in iron ore, ilmenite, chromite, pyrite, tin ore, tantalum niobium, gold, coal, monazite, rutile, zircon, rare earth ore and other metals with satisfactory density difference, Non-metallic mineral deposits, as well as steel slag, sulfuric acid slag, metallurgical slag and other materials are sorted and recovered. This equipment has a simple structure, light weight, no need for power, water and electricity saving, convenient operation protection, strong adaptability, fine sorting granularity, large processing capacity, and good sorting effect.
In order to make the equipment as large as possible and suitable for the requirements of the process flow, a total of 32 spiral chutes with a diameter of 1.6m, a pitch of 800, and 3 heads/set were selected as the rough selection and reselection equipment in this plan, during which 16 were used for thickening and desliming. For the smooth groove surface, the planned processing capacity of a single machine is 8t/h; for rough selection with 8 grooved grooves, the planned processing capacity of a single machine is 9t/h; the scanning selects 8 grooved grooves For the trough surface, the planned processing capacity of a single unit is 9t/h.
Shaker selection: The 6-S shaker is one of the primary equipment for gravity beneficiation. It is widely used to separate rare metals and precious metals such as tungsten, tin, tantalum, niobium, iron, manganese, chromium, titanium, bismuth, lead, gold, etc. Mine can also be used in coal mines. It can be used for different operations such as roughing, sweeping, and beneficiation, and sorting coarse sand (0.5～2mm), fine sand (0.074～0.5mm), sludge (0.02～0.074mm) and other different particle sizes. In this plan, a total of 11 LS (6-S) shakers were selected as the re-selection equipment of the beneficiation plant. Among them, two coarse sand bed strips were used for coarse sand separation and re-selection of medium ore after separation. The processing capacity of the platform is 1.5t/h; 6 sets of fine sand-type beds are used for fine sand sorting and re-selection of middle ore after fine sand sorting. The planned processing capacity of a single unit is 0.9t/h; the other 3 sets of sludge The type bed is used for sorting sludge, and the planned processing capacity of a single unit is 0.5t/h.
Selection of hydraulic grading equipment: The hydraulic grading equipment commonly used in the grading operation before the re-election of the shaker is the hydraulic grading box, which satisfies the requirements of the shaker’s feeding particle size, feeding volume and concentration. The hydraulic grading box is a free-settling grading equipment, suitable for processing materials with smaller particle size and more fine mud content. The suitable grading particle size is 0.074～2mm, and the feed concentration is 18%～25%. The advantage of this equipment is its simple structure, no need for power, reliable operation, and it is widely used in tungsten and tin and other mineral processing plants. When selecting a hydraulic grading box, pay attention to the number of grading boxes (usually 4 to 8 grading boxes are connected in series to form a group) corresponding to the number of material classification levels required by the process, and the number of shakers selected should be coordinated. The hydraulic grading box selected for this set i-inch is 9 chambers, divided into 9 grades, corresponding to 9 other shakers for coarse sand, fine sand and ore mud.
(3) Equipment characteristics
In terms of equipment and equipment, simple equipment is conducive to improving the power of beneficiation, convenient operation, and safe production.
1. The roughing plant will equip the spiral chute as a group of 4 units. This can save land, reduce fundamental construction investment, and invent conditions for the daily operation, management and further improvement of the sorting target of the beneficiation plant.
2. The shaker is equipped horizontally in the selected factory, and the shaker is built on the ground instead of a channel. Choosing plane level equipment can save height difference, lower the height of the plant, and reduce the fundamental construction investment, and the total investment will also decrease. After other level equipment is selected, because all the equipment is on the same plane, it makes the workers simple to operate and easy to handle; shaker The practice of building the foundation on the ground instead of on a channel increases the safety of production and the reliability of the equipment. Because the shaker has a lot of vibration during production, if the foundation is built on the channel and it is very simple to shake the foundation, it will bring risks to the production, and the reliability of the equipment will not be ensured. In order to complete the automatic flow of the slurry, some gravity separation plants have equipped the shaker according to steps. The foundation of the shaker is built on the channel. When the shaker is produced, the oscillating channel and the foundation will also shake. A lot of insecurity, the safety of daily operation workers cannot be ensured, and there are endless troubles.
4. Goals of beneficiation planning
See Table 7 for the primary technical objectives of the beneficiation plan.
1. Regarding a certain ilmenite ore in Guangxi, the research unit carried out a lot of beneficiation experiments and research operations, which provided ample basis for planning a reasonable beneficiation process.
2. Regarding the beneficiation process of Guangxi ilmenite ore, the plan analyzed the experimental process, primary equipment and on-site construction sites, adjusted and optimized the experimental process, and proposed a process for processing an ilmenite ore in Guangxi. Introduce and plan the beneficiation process.
3. Under the premise of ensuring planning goals and process parameters, equipment selection should be made rationally, neither too large nor too small. In addition, equipment and equipment shall be carried out according to the topography and topography, and the investment shall be saved as much as possible.
4. Modern new-style dressing plant planning, the selection of large-scale, high-efficiency, energy-saving, safe and environmentally friendly, and simple to repair beneficiation equipment is particularly important.
Link to this article：Research on beneficiation technology of ilmenite in a certain place
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Alloy Wiki，thanks！^^