Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC-C) is due to its relatively low cost, high hard embrittlement temperature Tg, high thermal bending temperature, chemical inertness, excellent mechanical strength, non-conductivity, and the safest combustion The conductivity and smoke resistance have made PVC-C a very important engineering plastic material. Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride was first commercially produced and applied by BFGoodrich Company in the early 1960s. Its high temperature resistance and excellent chemical resistance have been highly praised in different industrial applications. As the backbone enterprise of the listed company Baoshuo Co., Ltd., Baoshuo Pipe Co., Ltd. uses imported raw materials (CORZAN CPVC material provided by NOVEON Chemical Company of the United States) to produce industrial PVC-C pipes and pipe fittings. In order to make everyone understand about industrial chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (PVC-C) pipes, we will introduce to readers the characteristics, application fields and other issues of industrial PVC-C pipes. 1. Characteristics of industrial PVC-C products
Wide operating temperature range: -40℃ to 95℃
The pipe wall is flat and smooth, with less frictional resistance and adhesion when transporting fluids.
Has excellent strength and toughness
Has excellent chemical corrosion resistance
Light weight, equivalent to 1/5 of steel pipe and 1/6 of copper pipe
Flame retardant property is self-extinguishing
Easy to install, can be connected by bonding, flange, thread, welding, etc.
Low thermal conductivity, about 1/300 of steel
The heavy ion content in the medium reaches ultrapure water standards
Excellent aging resistance and UV resistance, the normal service life is greatly extended compared with other pipeline systems.
The above are the basic characteristics of industrial PVC-C pipe systems. The author will introduce in detail the significant characteristics of PVC-C that are different from other plastic pipes.
1. Balanced material performance characteristics Long service life of production equipment, minimum downtime and strong environmental adaptability are key factors for success in the processing industry. But in industrial fields where corrosion can reduce equipment life, hamper production and potentially cause environmental incidents, achieving these success factors can be extremely challenging. Therefore, these industries often require the processing equipment materials used to be durable in harsh industrial environments. Obviously, this means that processors need a cost-effective material that not only resists corrosion, but also provides mechanical strength and safety properties. The PVC-C pipe system produced by Baoshuo Company using CORZAN CPVC raw materials is designed and developed to meet these special needs. Of course, there are quite a few materials that can also be used to resist corrosion, but due to its unique balanced performance characteristics, CORZAN CPVC has become the material of choice for industrial use.
2. Corrosion resistance: Chemicals used in many industries tend to corrode metal equipment, resulting in leakage, process restrictions, and early scrapping of equipment during processing. The PVC-C pipe system produced by our company using CORZAN CPVC raw materials is inactive to most inorganic acids, salts, aliphatic hydrocarbons and other substances. In addition, the system is not affected by galvanic corrosion. Therefore, Baoshuo PVC-C industrial system can replace traditional materials in many applications, and provides long product life, low maintenance, and excellent environmental adaptability. Of course, the actual performance of any material depends entirely on the specific operating environment. 3. Mechanical properties In processing applications, when metals have to be replaced by non-metallic materials due to corrosion, the mechanical strength of the system becomes the main design parameter. To ensure safe and reliable operation, non-metallic materials must provide sufficient mechanical strength to meet design standards, such as maximum operating pressure, mechanical strength at high temperatures, equipment service life, and structural integrity. There are many non-metallic materials that do not have sufficient tension to meet the pressure requirements during processing, especially at high temperatures. However, the PVC-C pipe system produced by Baoshuo Company using CORZAN CPVC raw materials does provide the operating tension required for high temperatures of 93°C. In addition, the system can be expected to sustain pressure loads for 50 years or longer.
4. Product life cycle cost: In order to meet processing design requirements such as corrosion resistance and mechanical tension, most materials will be improved to compensate for the original weaknesses. For example, steel pipes are often lined with non-metallic materials, reinforced with fiberglass resin, or developed with special metal alloys. The PVC-C pipe system produced by Baoshuo Company using CORZAN CPVC raw materials already has the corrosion resistance and mechanical strength required for many processing applications. In addition, its total installation cost is lower than that of commonly used metal pipes.
5. Fire protection properties: The PVC-C pipe systems produced by Baoshuo Company using CORZAN CPVC raw materials are suitable for many engineering purposes because they have significant resistance to many corrosive chemicals above 95 degrees Celsius. When selecting thermoplastic piping materials, the fire resistance of the material is often considered. Many factors are considered when evaluating fire performance, such as: protection against combustion, heat of combustion, limiting oxygen index, flame spread and smoke generation characteristics.
CORZAN CPVC does not require flame retarders and smoke inhibitors, and has fire protection properties that limit flame spread and reduce smoke generation. Combining the above properties with its balance of excellent mechanical strength, low thermal conductivity, and outstanding corrosion protection, CORZAN CPVC can provide very good performance in terms of safety and performance in a wide range of industrial piping and extension applications. the value of.
Ignition resistance CORZAN CPVC has a flash ignition temperature of 482°C, which is the lowest temperature at which enough flammable gas can be released to be ignited by a small external flame. Many other generally flammable materials, such as wood, can ignite at or below 260°C. Flash temperature comparison
Combustion Resistance CORZAN CPVC will not continue to burn. It has to reach a very high limit oxygen index (LOI) of 60 before it will burn. The limiting oxygen index is the percentage of oxygen required to support combustion in the atmosphere. Since the earth’s atmosphere is only 21% oxygen, CORZAN CPVC will not burn unless a flame is continuously provided, and it will stop burning when the source of the combustion fire is removed. Other materials with a lower limiting oxygen index will aid combustion.
6. Weatherability Define weatherability as the ability of a material to maintain its basic physical properties after long-term exposure to sunlight, wind and rain/moisture. CPVC has more than thirty years of experience in outdoor use, including many outdoor equipment that have been used for many years, showing that CORZAN CPVC industrial systems can withstand long-term exposure to nature without significant adverse reactions and embrittlement. CORZAN CPVC is blended with titanium dioxide concentrate. Titanium dioxide is recognized as an excellent UV protectant, so it protects the polymer backbone from UV radiation. In fact, NOVEON has proven through practical applications that the pressure-bearing capabilities of CORZAN CPVC piping systems remain unchanged after long-term exposure. Depending on the individual installation, the impact characteristics will gradually decrease after prolonged exposure. However, maximum impact characteristics are usually only required during initial operation and installation of the piping system. Therefore, the CORZAN CPVC industrial system will meet the requirements of most outdoor equipment. If an equipment installation requires additional protection from UV damage, the CORZAN CPVC duct system can be coated with regular acrylic latex paint. No need to prime before painting.
7. Wear resistance The wear resistance of a piping system is the function of many factors:
While all piping systems show some degree of wear, true erosion will depend on the specific combination of these factors. In addition to the pipe material itself, system conditions that can minimize erosion include:
1) Lower speed (<5ft/sec)
2) Large, round particles
3) Equal particle distribution
4) Minimal direction change
When these ideal connection conditions do not exist, the selection of pipe materials becomes very important. CORZAN CPVC piping systems outperform metal in conveying abrasive fluids, and it has been successfully used in many abrasive industrial applications.
There is no single method that can consistently predict a material’s resistance to all corrosive substances. Therefore, the best guideline for selecting corrosion-resistant materials is past experience. To replace this case history, attention is directed toward approximating the ideal system conditions described above, specifically reducing direction changes. At the same time, changes in direction can be designed to reduce wear. Large radius bends and T-bends are often used to reduce particle impact on the pipe wall. TABER abrasion test is a very <
Link to this article：Brief description of industrial chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (PVC-C) piping system
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Alloy Wiki，thanks！^^