1. What steel is stainless steel? Stainless steel is a type of steel. Steel means steel containing less than 2% carbon (C) and iron being more than 2%. The addition of chromium (Cr), nickel (Ni), manganese (Mn), silicon (Si), titanium (Ti), molybdenum (Mo) and other alloying elements in the smelting process improves the properties of the steel and makes the steel resistant to corrosion. (that is, not rust) is the stainless steel we often say.
2. Why do stainless steel have different steel numbers? In the process of smelting stainless steel, the amount of different alloys is different due to the different types of alloying elements. The characteristics are also different. In order to distinguish them, different steel grades are crowned. Below are the common stainless steel different steel grades “alloying elements” content table for reference only:
3. What kind of stainless steel is not easy to rust?
There are three main factors affecting the corrosion of stainless steel:
1) The content of alloying elements, generally speaking, the content of chromium is not easy to rust at 10.5% steel. Chrome nickel The higher the content, the better the corrosion resistance. For example, the content of nickel in 304 is 8-10%, and the content of chromium is 18-20%. Such stainless steel will not rust under normal conditions.
2) The smelting process of the production enterprise will also affect the corrosion resistance of stainless steel. The large stainless steel plant with good smelting technology, advanced equipment and advanced technology can guarantee the control of alloy elements, the removal of impurities and the control of the cooling temperature of the slab. Therefore, the product quality is stable and reliable, the internal quality is good, and it is not easy to rust. On the contrary, some small steel mills are backward and the process is backward. During the smelting process, impurities cannot be removed, and the products produced will inevitably rust.
Shanghai Metal Corporation is a trusted aluminum alloy, aluminum foil price, stainless steel price and stainless steel manufacturer, kinds of stainless steel in china.
For our full list of products that we offer check out our website here. Be sure to join the conversation in our LinkedIn group, Facebook, Twitter .
Try also our WeChat by scanning the QR code below.
Candy C.//SMC Editor
Guest contributors are welcome at the Alloy Wiki.It is a weekly wiki and guide on alloy information and processing technology, while also about the vast array of opportunities that are present in manufacturing. Our team of writers consists of a Machining Material Supplier / Machinist / Tool and Die Maker, a Biomedical Engineer / Product Development Engineer, a Job Development Coordinator / Adjunct Professor, and a President and CEO of a manufacturing facility.