Report name: Ilmenite beneficiation test research report in a certain place in Shandong Report format: word Completion time: April 2007 Publisher: Guo Changqing Supervising expert: Huang Kaiguo Gong Meiling Project leader: Duan Zhu Number of report pages: 42 pages in total starting from the foreword Report introduction:
Entrusted by Shandong XXX Company, Xi’an Tianzhou Mining laser shock forming technology Development Co., Ltd. conducted a beneficiation test study on an ilmenite mine in Shandong from April 2 to 30, 2007. The purpose is to provide a basis for the development and utilization of this deposit.
Ilmenite mineralization in this deposit occurs in late magmatic stages and is controlled by the ordinary pyroxene and amphibole lithofacies in the ultramafic magmatic complex. Ilmenite mainly occurs in the pyroxene-amphibole lithofacies. The main metal minerals are: ilmenite, a small amount of titanium magnetite, magnetite, and a small amount of hematite, pyrite, limonite, etc. The main gangue minerals are: ordinary pyroxene, ordinary hornblende, apatite, and a small amount of biotite. The raw ore contains TiO2 9.04%, TFe 19.4%, P2O5 0.52%, V2O5 0.09%, and Au 0.09g/t.
The test uses four process flow plans for comparison. The test results of different schemes are shown in Table 1.
(1) A certain ilmenite ore in Shandong. The main metal minerals are: ilmenite, a small amount of titanomagnetite, magnetite, and a small amount of hematite, limonite, pyrite, etc. The main gangue minerals are ordinary hornblende, ordinary pyroxene, apatite, and a small amount of biotite.
(2) Ilmenite mineralization occurs in the late stage of magma and is controlled by ordinary pyroxene and amphibole lithofacies in ultramafic magma complexes. Ilmenite mainly occurs in pyroxene and amphibole lithofacies. Among them, a small amount of titanium enters the amphibole and pyroxene crystal lattices as isomorphs. In addition, pyroxene and hornblende discolor and precipitate microscopic leaf-like and powdery ilmenite. This embedded characteristic of the ore is one of the important reasons for the low titanium recovery rate.
(3) The particle size of ilmenite is uneven. Coarse particles are distributed or wrapped among pyroxene and hornblende particles. Fine particles coexist with hornblende, which will also cause difficulties in the recovery of ilmenite. The results of the measurement of the monomer dissociation degree of -2 mm raw ore show that all monomer dissociation of ilmenite can be achieved at -0.05 mm. Therefore, the ore must be finely ground during the mineral processing process to obtain part of the qualified 5 axis machining titanium concentrate.
(4) The original mineral phase analysis results show that the iron in the ore is mainly distributed in the silicate gangue, and the non-recyclable iron accounts for more than 70% of the total iron content. Therefore, the iron recovery rate in iron concentrate cannot exceed 30%.
(5) Four process flow plans were used in the test, and more detailed tests were conducted on the flotation-magnetic-gravity process flow and the flotation-weak magnetism-strong magnetism-gravity process flow, and phosphorus was comprehensively recovered mainly from titanium and iron. Stone not only eliminates the impact of harmful impurities phosphorus on titanium and iron concentrates, but also achieves the purpose of making full use of mineral resources.
(6) Gravity separation (shaking table) can be used to effectively recover ilmenite, but because the ore requires finer grinding fineness, fine-grained ilmenite is easily lost in the tailings, affecting the recovery rate of titanium.
(7) The loss rate of titanium in the shaking table is high. The reason is that there are many contiguous bodies in the middlings and the specific gravity is close. It is difficult to recover ilmenite by flotation after regrinding the middlings. Therefore, it is difficult to recover ilmenite by regrinding the middlings and then gravity separation. (Shaking table) can increase the titanium recovery rate by about 5%.
(8) The iron coarse concentrate obtained by weak magnetic separation can only be obtained by re-grinding and then beneficiation to obtain iron concentrate with an iron grade of over 64%. However, when the raw ore is ground to -200 mesh to 85%, it will no longer be ground and beneficiated. It is also difficult to improve the grade of iron concentrate.
(9) Using strong magnetic separation for weakly magnetic tailings, the grade of 3d printing titanium alloy pen can be enriched from about 9% to more than 20%, but the loss of titanium in strong magnetic tailings is high. In order to improve the recovery rate of titanium, the magnetic field intensity can also be further increased, or the weak magnetic tailings can be finely ground and then subjected to strong magnetic separation.
(10). The separation index of ilmenite enriched by strong magnetic field and then grinding and gravity separation (shaking table) is basically the same as that of weak magnetic tailings direct classification shaking table. Compared with the two kinds of separation process, the strong separation process is better. Magnetic (including electric selection) costs are higher.
(11) The titanium concentrate and iron concentrate grades obtained by the weak magnetic separation tailings regrinding and then gravity separation (shaking table) process and the magnetic first and then gravity (magnetic-gravity) process are similar to those of the other two processes. , but the recovery rate is low.
(12) Due to their high specific gravity, iron ore concentrates and titanium concentrates settle very quickly in water, making it difficult to carry out settlement tests. In the end, due to the influence of sludge, the tailings were difficult to clarify for a long time, and the settlement test could not be carried out.
(13) Due to the long test process, many process plans and short time, the flotation test of ilmenite needs further research. (14). The process plan adopted in this test and the technical indicators obtained provide reliable technical information for the development and utilization of the mine and the design of the plant. Compared with the same type of ores at home and abroad, the separation indicators are better, except for titanium In addition to the effective recovery of , iron and phosphorus, phosphorus is also comprehensively recovered. From the perspective of environmental protection and reducing mineral processing costs, it is recommended to adopt the floating-magnetic-gravity-heavy (medium ore regrinding and then beneficiation) process.
Link to this article：Investigation report on ilmenite beneficiation test in a certain place in Shandong
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Alloy Wiki，thanks！^^