Titanium bar is characterized by strong corrosion resistance, which is due to its strong affinity to oxygen, which can generate a dense oxide film on its surface and protect titanium from medium corrosion. Titanium can produce passivated oxide film on the surface of most aqueous solutions. Therefore, titanium in acidic, alkaline, neutral salt solution and oxidizing medium has a very good stability, than the existing stainless steel and other non-ferrous metals are good corrosion resistance, and can even be compared with platinum.
1. Chemical industry titanium is an excellent anti-corrosion material in the chemical industry, and it has been used more and more widely as it grows older. For example, the use of titanium metal anodes and titanium wet chlorine gas coolers in the chlor-alkali industry has produced very good economic results and is known as the revolution in the chlor-alkali industry.
2. Petroleum industry titanium in organic compounds, except for the temperature of five organic acids (formic acid, acetic acid, oxalic acid, trichloroacetic acid and three acetic acid), have very good stability. Therefore, titanium is an excellent structural material in petroleum refining and petrochemical industry, and can be used to make various heat exchangers, reactors, high-pressure vessels and distillation towers.
3. The metallurgical industry titanium is an active metal, has a good suction performance, is an excellent decoating agent in the steel industry, it can combine the steel in the cooling precipitation of oxygen and nitrogen. Adding a small amount of titanium to steel makes it tough and elastic. Titanium industry is an important alloy additive in steelmaking, aluminum smelting and other industries. Titanium is widely used in the electrolytic production of non-ferrous metals such as copper, nickel, cobalt and manganese in wet metal industry.
4. The fertilizer industry urea is a very important fertilizer, in the production process in the high temperature and high pressure conditions are very corrosive, the use of titanium to replace the stainless steel equipment life greatly increased, greatly reduced maintenance time. Therefore, titanium is used in the main equipment of urea production at present
5. Seawater desalination and shipbuilding industry titanium has a strong resistance to seawater and Marine air corrosion, with great strength and light weight. It is an ideal structural material for shipbuilding industry and has been widely used in many parts of various ships.
6. Titanium in the power industry has a good stability in many corrosive hot water such as chlorine compounds and sulfides, so titanium has been widely used in thermal power plants as cooling pipes for heat exchangers, which greatly reduces the maintenance time and has a significant economic effect.
7. Titanium in papermaking and textile industry has special corrosion resistance to chlorine dioxide, chlorous acid, chlorite and other bleaching agents. Therefore, titanium has an important application in the bleaching equipment of textile printing and dyeing industry and papermaking industry.
8. Medical and other aspects of titanium creation affinity is good, harmless to human body. Therefore, it can be widely used in the medical and pharmaceutical industries. Titanium has good suction performance and is widely used in electronic vacuum technology and high vacuum technology.
Guest contributors are welcome at the Alloy Wiki.It is a weekly wiki and guide on alloy information and processing technology, while also about the vast array of opportunities that are present in manufacturing. Our team of writers consists of a Machining Material Supplier / Machinist / Tool and Die Maker, a Biomedical Engineer / Product Development Engineer, a Job Development Coordinator / Adjunct Professor, and a President and CEO of a manufacturing facility.
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Alloy Wiki，thanks！^^